Frantik Girl
Friday, July 18, 2003
 
Katherine Turners Unite!

So today I had a pleasant surprise. I got an e-mail from another Katherine Turner. This one lives in New York... I know nothing else about her, except that she sounds a little sad, like maybe things in the Big Apple aren't all rosy cheeked and sweet, with cinnamon and nutmeg and a crumbly brown sugar topping.

Being a writer, I've often thought that my garret should be located in New York, rather than the Emerald City. New York is, after all, the place where publishers have thier hearts removed and hung up on the office wall next to thier English degrees. If a girl wants to get published and read by more than just her family and friends: New York, New York it's a hell of a town. But I also know something else about the City That Never Sleeps, which I think Katherine Turner can confirm: that being poor in New York is about as much fun as getting jabbed in the eye with a sharp stick.

Besides, in a city of only 30 billion people, is there really enough room for two Katherine Turners?

New York asside, meeting another Katherine Turner has given me a Katherine Turner appetite. Someone else is bound to google her name, find me here babbling away like a ninny and feel some small connection... like seeing an alternate lifeline for yourself. Who would I have been if I'd been born with twelve fingers and blonde hair to polygamous Mormon parents in Idaho? I don't know, but I'd like to find out.

What's in a name? That's the question. I hereby call upon all Katherine Turners to submit your life stories here. I will collect and publish them here (don't worry, the copywrite will still be in your name) for the betterment and amusement of all the people not named Katherine Turner.

If our lovely New York sister turns out to be the only other Katherine Turner who writes... then I'll just make shit up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger