Frantik Girl
Wednesday, April 16, 2003
 
The Uncertainty Principle

I moved into a new apartment last weekend. It was a chore where myself and eight lovely lovely friends shipped my crap up four flights of steps. Now that all the work is done and my place is organized, beautiful and crying out for classy persian rugs... I still don't know if I'll be able to actually stay. My name isn't on the lease yet, and my former landlady, upon who's glowing reference my continued occupancy depends, is in Europe for god knows how long. This is a worry.

Then there's my unemployment. I had to file for extended benefits two weeks ago. Seems that there's this recession happening... I know, I haven't heard anything about it on the news either, but the rumors just won't go away... and temps such as myself are having a hard time getting work. This is fine by me most of the time, as I hate working. But then I need money, and thus far the government had been kind enough to provide. Now they seem to have a question about my eligability, so they had me fill out forms a go go and I am waiting for thier decision. I am at the mercy of beaurocracies... unfeeling behemoths of inefficiency that spit out paper and sort people's brains into small plastic boxes to be stored in rotting cardboard file cabinets in the basement.

The trembling violin music begins... will I get the lease on the new apartment or will I be forced out? Will I get unemployment to pay for the sumptuous digs? My cats seem to think so; they're very supportive that way. But I have my doubts.

Tune in next week.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger